A year and a half since the last post, and I’m finally feeling the resurgence of energy to start back up with this blog. It’s be a tumultuous couple of years where life took over and I had to put this site on hold, but it was always in the back of my mind, tugging away and reminding me that blogging always held a special place in my heart.
With this rebirth, there are a few things that I want to do differently:
- Rename the site to Blooming Suitcase – It’s been changed a few times but I’ve never fully felt attached to any of them. Hopefully this time it sticks a little more.
- Incorporate environmental conservatism topics – Part of the joys of traveling is seeing Mother Nature at work. Yet, we as humans are destroying the very thing we love. What are some ways that we can better our habits? What are some of the progressive things that society is doing to help?
- Start an online store – With that said, I want to start an online store where part of the profits will be used for the greater good. I’m still playing with the idea of what kind of store it will be, but my main objective is to help the planet one way or another. I don’t want to be another bystander. I want to help.
- Explore the local neighborhood – Something that I didn’t do enough earlier on in this blog’s life was document some of the awesome things that was local to me. I’ve lived in Southern California nearly all of my life, and now in this past two years, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. But because I felt like I had all the time in the world in these locations, I didn’t explore as much as I could have. I’ve barely touched the surface of all the cool things Texas has to offer, and I’m already about to move. Soon, the D.C. area will be my home and I’m going to make sure to blog about it.
- Post regularly – I’m aiming for once a week on the blog, and daily on instagram.
There’s so much that I want to do on this little blog, and I know 2020 is going to be a good year. I can feel it in my bones.